Sunday, October 5, 2008

Schwartz Quartz




October, and the cobalt blue with metallic sparkles quartz Silestone countertops I got on Craigslist (for $175) have been installed. The countertop slabs were pulled out of a new construction job, so the story goes, when the cabinets were flooded, and the owners changed their minds. The slabs had a sink cutout, a notch that was probably for an outlet or small chase, and a minor chip or two. Hard-Core Granite Countertops, of Ocala, worked with me and my salvage, and managed to piece the puzzle back together to fit the supporting frame structure that was built specifically for these slabs. A few cuts, seams, and patches, and the countertops are gorgeous. I'm a Hard-Core fan now. http://www.hard-coregrantite.com/


My pal Eugene brought me this Kohler double bowl cast iron, porcelain sink he found on the side of the road in Orlando, from another remodel, and the sink fit perfectly in the existing cut-out in the countertops. Reuse Rocks!

No comments: